Full Services and Facilities
Cruise ships can berth alongside both sides of the Cruise Terminal within an hour of leaving the main shipping lanes. A total quay length of 940 metres allows up to four medium sized or two large sized vessels to berth alongside simultaneously.
The Port's attractive and efficient Cruise Terminal has a range of facilities including telephones, bar/cafeteria, arts and craft shops, display areas and a Gibraltar Tourist Board Information office. The Cruise Terminal is situated within the restricted security zone with a visible but discreet security presence including x-ray machines and metal detectors. Port waters are patrolled continuously by the Gibraltar Port Authority, Ministry of Defence and the Royal Gibraltar Police Marine Section.
Gibraltar is a busy commercial port and a multi-service centre with plenty of experience across a diverse range of activities from bunkers, provisioning and crew changes to the supply of spare parts and repairs.
- Bunkers - full bunkering facilities are available for visiting vessels.
- Supplies - Gibraltar can supply a full range of produce. Urgent spares can also be air-freighted to the local airport. All provisions and spare parts are supplied free of VAT in Gibraltar.
- Crew changes - With its airport located only a few minutes from the Cruise Terminal, Gibraltar is ideal for crew changes. An extra advantage is that personnel joining ships do not need visas.
- Ship agents - Gibraltar has numerous shipping agencies with wide experience in serving cruise ships and their passengers.
- Repairs - Gibdock operates a ship repair facility which includes three dry docks. The largest can accommodate vessels up to 270 metres in length. The shipyard also carries out work alongside or at anchor. A number of other companies do alongside repair work, and underwater repairs, hull cleaning and maintenance. Refer to the Maritime Directory.
|Suitable Passenger Berths||4|
|Berth Names||1-2 East, 2-3 East, 1-2 West, 2-3 West|
|Are Tugs available||Yes|
|Numbers of Tugs||5|
|Are Tugs Compulsory||No|
|Ship or Tug Lines||Master's decision (Pilot's advice)|
|Tug Hours||24 hours|
|Linesmen Hours||24 hours|
|Stevedoring Hours||24 hours|
|Port Officials Hours||24 hours|
|Customs Officials Hours||24 hours|
|Arrival/Departure Time Restrictions||None|
|Tide Variation||1 metre|
|Are Line Boats Available||Yes|
|Local Gangways Available||Yes|
|Can Ships Gangways be used||Yes|
|Nearest Tourist Office||In Cruise Terminal|
|Bank Facilities||Bureau De Change (in Cruise Terminal)|
|Taxis Location||Outside Cruise Terminal|
|Shuttle Bus Location||Outside Cruise Terminal|
|Restroom Facilities||In Cruise Terminal|
|Postal Facilities||In Cruise Terminal|
|Berth To City Centre Distance||1 km|
|Berth To City Centre Time||10 min. walk|